Premium anti-slip underlay effectively stops slipping, moving or creeping of mats or rugs on hard floors or carpets. Simply place Teebaud Premium Anti-Slip Mat & Rug Underlay beneath your mat or rug and it will stay put, until you decide to move it. No more chasing your mats around to reposition them, or fear of slipping and tripping on your rugs, this is the simple solution you need.
Teebaud is commercial quality underlay made in the USA. It will also protect flooring beneath the mat and will not scratch floors, damage carpets or leave any residue behind. A dry, water based resin adhesive, which activates under the weight of a person moving over it, holds the mat in place on both carpets and hard floors. Place black side up when placing on hard floors and grey side up for placing on carpets.
Whilst performing its job, Teebaud will go unnoticed other than to add a little cushioning beneath your rug or mat which gives additional comfort and warmth. The material is breathable, odourless and can be used safely in conjunction with underfloor heating up to 32°C.
Available in custom cuts (+/-2% tolerance) to fit your mat size requirements or in standard sizes. For best performance, we recommend measuring your mat / rug and taking 6-10 cm off each dimension, so that the underlay goes close to, but not right up to, the edge of your mat. E.g. If your mat measures 90 x 150cm, we recommend you buy a piece of Teebaud Premium Anti-Slip Mat and Rug Underlay measuring 82 x 142cm.
Standard sizes can easily be cut to your exact requirements using a good pair of scissors or a utility knife. If you have an oversize mat or rug, you can piece multiple pieces of Teebaud together to achieve the desired size.
Teebaud Anti-Slip Mat and Rug Underlay works to stop mat and rug movement on surfaces including:
- Carpet Tiles
- Hard floors
- Engineered Wood
- Floor mats
- Exercise mats
- Yoga Mats
- Pilates Mats
Face material: Polyester with dry resin coating
Total weight: 0.25 kg/m²
Total height: 4 mm
Size variation: +/-2%
Fire tested to ASTM-D2859
Fitting & Care Instructions
- Ensure the floor is vacuumed, clean and dry.
- The underlay should be approximately 3-5cm smaller than the rug or mat on all sides. If required, it can be easily trimmed to size with household scissors.
- Remove the protective plastic film from the underlay before fitting.
- Do not wash or dry clean the underlay.
- Avoid lifting and re-fitting the underlay on a regular basis.
- If the underlay loses its grip over time, use a fine spray of clean water to revive the specially formulated coating and leave to air dry before re-fitting.
- If using with an oversized rug or mat, simply use as many pieces of underlay as required side-by-side. Taping or splicing is not necessary.
Rug or Mat on Carpet
- Place the black side facing downwards on the carpet.
- Place the rug or mat on the grey side.
Rug or Mat on Hard / Smooth Floors
- Place the grey side facing downwards on the hard / smooth floor.
- Place the rug or mat on the black side.